Values

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Are YOU a "whosoever?"



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Few Thoughts of the Day

Currently reading:
Of course, the Bible...daily Bible reading keeps me going, and greatly improves my patience.

Spoken from the Heart, by Laura Bush. It is a "soft" read. By this I mean, she is an excellent writer, and leads you through her life gently. I haven't finished it yet. She has some very inciteful thoughts on family and wanting children in her life.

Tell me why I can buy gas in Edgefield at $2.51 a gallon, but it costs me $2.70 in the Low Country.

Has anyone in the government realized yet that when gas got over $2.00 a gallon, that was when the economy started to tank?

Think about "legal tender." Money. If money were the only legal tender, then "oil" wouldn't be traded on the stock market, and the cost of a barrel of oil wouldn't tilt the world's economy. Many countries trade in "oil dollars" and their own economies are very volitile.

Another word about "legal tender." When our kids were young our family had a large farm. We grew various fruits and vegetables. One thing was pumpkins. We had literally tons of pumpkins each year. Most of them were sold for Halloween pumpkins...Jack-o-lanterns. Our second son was born in the fall and his hospital bill was paid with "pumpkin money." You might say, that year, pumpkins were legal tender.

I have a severe shortage of patience. I pray often this Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God." Have a blessed day. Let the Lord speak to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment